Are you someone who is burning to make a difference? Someone who values doing good over a whopping salary? Do you want flexibility in your job? Benetech wants to hear from you!
It’s hard for most organizations to accommodate nonstandard approaches to work. There are jobs that need doing, and most places have a standard model for doing them.
However, Benetech is not a standard place! Consider what makes Benetech unique:
- Women Majority: Benetech’s executives, managers, professional staff and overall team are all majority women. How many tech companies can say that!
- Rights-focused: Advancing the human rights of disadvantaged people is central to our work. We help the people who most need it, not those who can most afford it.
- Flexibility: We expect the work to get done, and provide our professional staff a high degree of flexibility on how to get it done.
What’s the catch? Well, we’re a nonprofit: organized as a charity. And while we pay quite well by nonprofit standards, there is no stock plan. If making top dollar is a personal requirement or the chance to make social good doesn’t make your heart sing, stop reading, we’re not your next gig.
- If you are someone with amazing skills who is looking for a way to give back using those talents, read on.
- If you are looking for a path to reenter the workplace, but need the flexibility or hours to spend parts of the day at home, read on.
- If you have made an exit, but playing golf all day is not your idea of nirvana, read on.
- If you have a great idea for a job share, read on.
- If you would like to try the nonprofit sector on for size, read on.
Our regular job postings are on our website here, but not all of our needs fit a standard job posting. We
need help in the following areas:
- Marketing and communications
- Software development
- Accounting and finance
- Community management
To us, a wildcard position is a new, unexpected better option for accomplishing our social mission. It could be a full-time gig, part-time, low bono or pro bono. We are excited to be exposed to new ideas, and we hope your involvement is one of those great new ideas! If you have outstanding skills you want to employ for the greater good, and even if your skills don’t precisely match the jobs listed on our website, send your resume and a cover letter that explains why you are amazing and what you’d need to make a wildcard position work for you to [email protected]. If you’ve read this far, we really want to hear from you!